Understanding the Passport Submission Email from the US Consulate after 221(g) administrative processing?

Asked over 1 year ago - Seattle, WA

We appeared for H1b+H4 Visa Stamping interview on 12/7/12 at the US Consulate, Mumbai - India. Got a blue 221(g) slip issued requesting additional documents. Submitted all the docs on 3/8/13. On 5/2/13, we received an email from the Mumbai Consulate, which says; "We are ready for final processing. Please submit your passport, pending letter to the Consulate General via any of the 11 document delivery locations. Please visit www.ustraveldocs.com/in for more information. Please carry a copy of this email for ready reference."

What I need clarification on is what do they mean by "pending letter" above. I submitted the original 221(g) slip along with the requested docs on 3/8. I researched the web but no satisfactory answers yet.

Also I would be submitting both our passports, correct? :)

1. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . It's the letter you called the 221(g) 'slip' ... since you already sent the original, include a copy.

As for 2 passports, it depends on who the e-mail was addressed to.

If you continue to be confused ... you should be talking to the company's immigration lawyer ... not a group of strangers on an internet blog, nor non-attorneys in HR.

2. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with Attorney Capriotti.