Underage drinking ticket but blew a .000 on a breathalyzer

Asked 12 months ago - Milwaukee, WI

I got an underage drinking ticket in a Wisconsin State Park in Fond du Lac County. I blew a .000 but admitted to the officer that I did have a few sips of wine so he still wrote me a ticket. Should I go to court and ask that the ticket be dismissed? Can I ask for special classes instead of having the ticket go on my record?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. A J. Williams


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you blew .000, why not fight the ticket. Who knows, maybe you only admitted to taking a few sips because the officer was badgering you and promised to let you go if it was only a few sips. Maybe you were under so much distress, you didn't know what you were saying.

  2. Thomas James SanFilippo

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This is literally the most insignificant way you can be charged for being a minor in possession of alcohol. The only reason you have a ticket is because you confessed to the police officer of having consumed alcohol during the relevant time frame. That, unfortunately, is enough to charge you. Contact a local attorney and he or she should be able to get the charges reduced for you if not dismissed.

    You may contact me at 314-669-5752 or through my website www.tsalawoffice.com. DO NOT describe the facts of your... more
  3. Derek Anthony Patrin


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Definitely try to get this offense dismissed. The best way to accomplish this is with an attorney who knows how to neutralize your confession.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,929 answers this week

3,273 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,929 answers this week

3,273 attorneys answering