Underage drinking ticket but blew a .000 on a breathalyzer

Milwaukee, WI |

I got an underage drinking ticket in a Wisconsin State Park in Fond du Lac County. I blew a .000 but admitted to the officer that I did have a few sips of wine so he still wrote me a ticket. Should I go to court and ask that the ticket be dismissed? Can I ask for special classes instead of having the ticket go on my record?

1. This is literally the most insignificant way you can be charged for being a minor in possession of alcohol. The only reason you have a ticket is because you confessed to the police officer of having consumed alcohol during the relevant time frame. That, unfortunately, is enough to charge you. Contact a local attorney and he or she should be able to get the charges reduced for you if not dismissed.

You may contact me at 314-669-5752 or through my website www.tsalawoffice.com. DO NOT describe the facts of your case in an online forum. I know there are a few prosecutors who are members of this site. My statements are my opinion solely based on the information provided, and that opinion can be wrong if your facts are different than what I believed them to be. If you have any further questions or need any further assistance, feel free to contact me.

2. If you blew .000, why not fight the ticket. Who knows, maybe you only admitted to taking a few sips because the officer was badgering you and promised to let you go if it was only a few sips. Maybe you were under so much distress, you didn't know what you were saying.

3. Definitely try to get this offense dismissed. The best way to accomplish this is with an attorney who knows how to neutralize your confession.

DUI topics