Underage drinking ticket but blew a .000 on a breathalyzer

Asked 12 months ago - Milwaukee, WI

I got an underage drinking ticket in a Wisconsin State Park in Fond du Lac County. I blew a .000 but admitted to the officer that I did have a few sips of wine so he still wrote me a ticket. Should I go to court and ask that the ticket be dismissed? Can I ask for special classes instead of having the ticket go on my record?

1. A J. Williams

Pro

7

Answered . If you blew .000, why not fight the ticket. Who knows, maybe you only admitted to taking a few sips because the officer was badgering you and promised to let you go if it was only a few sips. Maybe you were under so much distress, you didn't know what you were saying.

2. Thomas James SanFilippo

5

Answered . This is literally the most insignificant way you can be charged for being a minor in possession of alcohol. The only reason you have a ticket is because you confessed to the police officer of having consumed alcohol during the relevant time frame. That, unfortunately, is enough to charge you. Contact a local attorney and he or she should be able to get the charges reduced for you if not dismissed.

3. Derek Anthony Patrin

Pro

4

Answered . Definitely try to get this offense dismissed. The best way to accomplish this is with an attorney who knows how to neutralize your confession.