Under what grounds will paying support to ex who is cohabiting be terminated?

Moreno Valley, CA |

Ex is cohabiting with girl friend and I know he pays her cellphone bill and who knows what else. This is a sexual romantic relationship. He's unemployed, claims he's disabled, and he went on a trip to Cabo San Lucas recently and bought a used car. The house he claims to rent belongs to his niece who I'm sure does not get rent money from him, though he claimed he pays rent on the income and expense form. Divorce judgment was written by court appointed mediators through voluntary settlement conference. 4320 factors were not considered. I'm finding it difficult to pay him support. I receive no child support since it supposedly offsets spousal support. Is requesting for modification of support the way to go? Our 20 year old son lives with him too. So basically 2 adults live with him.

1. Need more info if more people live with him inthe same house that means he has people to share his expenses.
    The issue is : DO THEY have income??? and much more

Disclaimer:Attorney and Fraud Examiner.One of few that are Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE). The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as a legal advice on any subject. No recipients of content from this site,clients or otherwise,should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. The Karamanlis Powers Law Offices expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this website, weblogs, twitter, facebook, google+. *the certification is not a specialty recognized by the California State Bar.

2. There are some confusing facts here that need to be clarified by a skilled family law attorney. Also, a lot depends on how the judgment was worded as to modification and what was stated in the judgment for both support issues. Please see a skilled family law attorney.

3. Cohabitation reduces the need for support and is basis to modify the spousal support.

This response will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Sarieh Law Offices, and is not intended to serve as a legal advice in your specific circumstances. This response is a legal opinion based solely on facts represented and you should not rely on this legal opinion as a legal advice. You still need to consult an attorney directly to fully protect your legal rights.