Under What Circumstances does a lawyer take a case "Pro Bono?"

Seattle, WA |

I am desperate for a lawyer to prove my innocence & get my daughter back. A public defender just doesn't have enough time to deal with each & every case with care. Can someone tell me another option for a good person wrongfully accused of neglect in WA State? I NEED help getting my baby back.

Some attorneys will work with you on a flexible payment plan or reduced rates, but few are in a position to take a case on completely pro bono. Your best chance for pro bono representation is through a legal clinic or legal aid group in your areas but in those cases resources are scarce and you may be waiting for awhile.

Feel free to contact my office at 206.659.6839. We may be able to help, or if not we can at least point you in the direction of the right resources to help once we know more about your situation.

This answer is my personal opinion and is offered for informational purposes only. This is not a legal opinion, legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. www.dellinolaw.com (206)659 -6839

Ms. Dellino, Thank You so much! I will be calling you tomorrow morning. Its NOT that I want an attorney to do their job for free, its just I've been searching for 6 weeks to find SOMEONE to work with me (as I am low-income with a disabled daughter). I don't have family, like most people do, all I have is my daughter & fiancé. But she is no longer with us, because of these false ALLEGATIONS of neglect. Thank You again & hope to meet you soon! I cant say thank you enough.

I don't have family with money, is what I meant to say.... I have FAMILY & a support system with TONS OF LOVE! I just HAD to correct my last comment...thanks.

Michelle Teresa Dellino

Michelle Teresa Dellino

You're welcome.

Ms. Dellino, I talked to you & your office & appreciate your assistants counseling me over the phone, but I couldn't come up with $1000. I really need help. I am innocent. Could u please help me get my daughter back? I have $500 now

& 400 on the first. Then in two weeks I can come up with 500 & so on. Please give me a chance. I am a good women, with a medically fragile daughter in a foster home, where she isnt legally supposed to be.

Contact your local legal services folks. They may be able to provide info as to how you might attract the attention of pro bono counsel. I will say, however, that not many attorneys will take these types of cases for free.

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs. www.figgardenlaw.com

This sounds like a CPS case in which the court has appointed an attorney to represent you. Your best bet is to work with that attorney. Call the WA state bar association to see if a pro bono attorney can be found to represent you. It’s always best to consult with a good family law attorney to discuss the details before you act. See my AVVO Legal Guides on CPS and child custody cases for more information about the legal issues raised by your inquiry. Please keep in mind that although these Legal Guides are often informative, they are no substitute for legal advice from an attorney you have retained for consultation or representation. There are always exceptions to the general rules. Click on my photo. On my AVVO home page click on "Contributor Level - View Contributions" or scroll down further and click on "Contribution - Legal Guides." Scroll down the list of my 31 Legal Guides and select the topics relevant to your question. If you like my answer and Legal Guides, please make sure you mark them as “helpful” or “best answer”. © Bruce Clement

©Bruce Clement. This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this Answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.

Pro bono representation topics