Under surface rights to oil drilling next to Beach in Redondo Beach, CA

Redondo Beach, CA |

I had sold a property on Esplanade and retained the rights to the ouls and mineral rights underneath. For several years I received royalty checks. Then it stopped and am unable to get a response from former drilling company which appears to bew out of business. City of Redondo Beach does not respond who is drilling now. Any suggestions how to research who does drilling / explorations now?

1. Hire an oil and gas lawyer with experience in your area. Avvo has those lawyers and Martindale Hubbel is another excellent resource. Check for their rating, AV being the highest.

Ms. Johns can be reached at her Woodland Hills and San Diego offices at (866) 402-4038. Her email is hjohns@hjohnsatlaw.com and her office does offer free telephone consultations to Avvo askers. Ms. Johns is a lawyer although she is not your lawyer unless you have consulted with her and signed a fee or letter agreement confirming her representation of you. This Avvo response does not otherwise create a binding attorney client fee agreement. Ms. Johns and her employees are not tax or financial advisors and do not give tax or financial advice of any kind. For such advice, it is recommended that you consult with a tax or financial professional in that field.