Under South Carolina employment laws, if I quit my job can I collect unemployment benefits

Asked almost 6 years ago - Fork, SC

I GOT HURT AND WAS OUT OF WORK FOR 6 MONTHS HAD TO HIRE A LAWYER BECAUSE OF WORKERS COMP. I WENT BACK TO WORK AND MY BOSS HAS BEEN TREATING ME DIFFERENT I HAVE LONGER DAYS WITH LESS PAY NOW THE GUYS THAT WHERE HIREDE AFTER ME HAVE MORE SENORITY AND MANY MORE THINGS HAVE HAPEN THE ? IS IF I QUIT CAN I DRAW UNEMPLOYMENT UNTIL I GET ANOTHER JOB AND IF I QUIT AND DECIDE TO BACK TO SCHOOL CAN I STILL GET UNEPLOYMENT I HAVE A FAMILY AND BILLS AND DONT WANT TO BE TREATED THE WAY I AM ANYMORE

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Way to many variables exist to make a valid observation. If you voluntarily left your job then unemployment benefits may not apply to you. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.