Under 18 DWAI 5 years ago background check question

Asked over 1 year ago - Massapequa, NY

When I was 17 (I'm 24 now) I got pulled over and arrested for a DWI, I finished court and completed all my drug and alcohol educational programs, and was told my case was sealed. I have recently gotten hired at a large engineering/medical company and they will be running a background check (criminal/driving/education) on me. I will be using a vehicle during this job. I am wondering if you guys think they will find anything on my criminal or driving record. I called my lawyer and he says I have nothing to worry about, but i'm still pretty nervous.

1. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

1

Answered . Contact the NYS Department of Criminal Justice Services to be certain.

[removed]

2. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

Answered . In today's day and age with computers, who knows what is out there in cyber space that got out before the case was sealed. But whatever it is you cannot worry about it either it's out there or it's not. Just answer any application questions truthfully and you will have nothing to worry about.

3. Marco Caviglia

Answered . It's quite possible it will be reflected in your DMV record if there was a conviction. If so, bank on it being discovered.