Under 18 DWAI 5 years ago background check question

Massapequa, NY |

When I was 17 (I'm 24 now) I got pulled over and arrested for a DWI, I finished court and completed all my drug and alcohol educational programs, and was told my case was sealed. I have recently gotten hired at a large engineering/medical company and they will be running a background check (criminal/driving/education) on me. I will be using a vehicle during this job. I am wondering if you guys think they will find anything on my criminal or driving record. I called my lawyer and he says I have nothing to worry about, but i'm still pretty nervous.

1. Contact the NYS Department of Criminal Justice Services to be certain.

[removed]

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

2. In today's day and age with computers, who knows what is out there in cyber space that got out before the case was sealed. But whatever it is you cannot worry about it either it's out there or it's not. Just answer any application questions truthfully and you will have nothing to worry about.

3. It's quite possible it will be reflected in your DMV record if there was a conviction. If so, bank on it being discovered.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

Traffic tickets topics