Uncontested divorce in Suffolk County, NY

Asked over 1 year ago - Babylon, NY

How long will it take? I want to divorce as soon as possible
(We are already separated for ore than a year)
Thanks

1. Jean M. Mahserjian

Pro

7

1

Answered . If you have a written separation agreement, you will need a conversion divorce. That requires that you provide us with the agreement and we file the action for divorce. The paperwork can be completed and filed within two business weeks, but both you and your spouse will need to sign the documents necessary to complete the filing.

If you do not have a written agreement, the process is longer. We can prepare a written agreement within two business weeks of receiving all of your information. After the agreement is signed by both you and your spouse, the action for divorce can be filed.

While it is possible to have all of your paperwork completed and filed promptly, as I have outlined, once it is filed, we must wait for the court to review and sign all of the paperwork. It can average from 4 weeks to 12 weeks for that process.

My office maintains a website for uncontested divorce at www.NYDivorceNow.com. At that website, you can retain our office and provide all of the information that we need online, from the privacy of your home or office. Although this is an online process, my office and my staff are available every day to answer questions and to proceed with any of the work that you need done.

If you would like more information on this process, please contact me.

Jean Mahserjian
    518-383-1182
    jmm@jeanmahserjian.com
    www.NYDivorceNow.com
    www.JeanMahserjian.com

2. Louis Lawrence Sternberg

Pro

6

1

Answered . If you file in Suffolk County, the courts are taking about 4 to 6 months to sign the Judgment of Divorce. This assumes that your packet is perfect and there are no mistakes.

3. Daniel Yaniv

Pro

5

1

Answered . Less than 30 days as long as both parties cooperate. Please contact us for more information. www.499divorce.com. 800.518.0211.

4. David Alexander Browde

Pro

5

1

Answered . That depends solely upon the backlog on the day you file.

5. David Alexander Browde

Pro

4

6. Maria C. Tebano

3

1

Answered . If it is truely uncontested around 3 months.

7. Penelope J Blizzard-McGrath

3

Answered . In Suffolk County, assuming you have a written agreement and all of the documents are signed and have met the requirements, it takes approximately 3 months for a Judgment of Divorce on an uncontested basis.

8. Howard E. Knispel

Pro

2

1

Answered . If your spouse signs all the necessary papers and the papers are done correctly it takes about 3 - 4 months to get a judge to sign the Judgment. That is of course, after the submission to the clerk. You should have a local attorney prepare all the necessary papers.
    Howard E. Knispel
    Commack, NY
    631-864-7589

9. Lawrence Allen Weinreich

2

Answered . It depends on how many have to be reviewed before yours.

This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general anwer to the question posed.
  10. Karen Svendsen

2

Answered . In Suffolk County it can be four to six months. However, this assumes that all your papers are done correctly. Unfortunately, it can be months before you receive a letter requesting additional information if needed.

11. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

1

Answered . Varies depending in the backlog at the time of filing and time of year.