Uncontested divorce in Suffolk County, NY

Babylon, NY |

How long will it take? I want to divorce as soon as possible
(We are already separated for ore than a year)
Thanks

Less than 30 days as long as both parties cooperate. Please contact us for more information. www.499divorce.com. 800.518.0211.

Please note that this general response to your inquiry does not establish an attorney-client relationship.You should consult with a competent attorney for advice regarding your particular situation.

If you file in Suffolk County, the courts are taking about 4 to 6 months to sign the Judgment of Divorce. This assumes that your packet is perfect and there are no mistakes.

It is always advisable to contact an attorney. For a consultation, please contact my office at 516-669-3295. We are located in West Babylon, NY and proudly offer very low rates and free consultations. <a href="http://www.LouisLSternbergLaw.com">Please visit us on the web.</a>

That depends solely upon the backlog on the day you file.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

If you have a written separation agreement, you will need a conversion divorce. That requires that you provide us with the agreement and we file the action for divorce. The paperwork can be completed and filed within two business weeks, but both you and your spouse will need to sign the documents necessary to complete the filing.

If you do not have a written agreement, the process is longer. We can prepare a written agreement within two business weeks of receiving all of your information. After the agreement is signed by both you and your spouse, the action for divorce can be filed.

While it is possible to have all of your paperwork completed and filed promptly, as I have outlined, once it is filed, we must wait for the court to review and sign all of the paperwork. It can average from 4 weeks to 12 weeks for that process.

My office maintains a website for uncontested divorce at www.NYDivorceNow.com. At that website, you can retain our office and provide all of the information that we need online, from the privacy of your home or office. Although this is an online process, my office and my staff are available every day to answer questions and to proceed with any of the work that you need done.

If you would like more information on this process, please contact me.

Jean Mahserjian
518-383-1182
jmm@jeanmahserjian.com
www.NYDivorceNow.com
www.JeanMahserjian.com

It depends on how many have to be reviewed before yours.

This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general anwer to the question posed.

If your spouse signs all the necessary papers and the papers are done correctly it takes about 3 - 4 months to get a judge to sign the Judgment. That is of course, after the submission to the clerk. You should have a local attorney prepare all the necessary papers.
Howard E. Knispel
Commack, NY
631-864-7589

The above is a general answer and is not considered legal advice. You should contact an attorney before proceeding to take any legal action, signing any papers or upon service of a summons. Howard E. Knispel 631-864-7589

In Suffolk County, assuming you have a written agreement and all of the documents are signed and have met the requirements, it takes approximately 3 months for a Judgment of Divorce on an uncontested basis.

Varies depending in the backlog at the time of filing and time of year.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

If it is truely uncontested around 3 months.

In Suffolk County it can be four to six months. However, this assumes that all your papers are done correctly. Unfortunately, it can be months before you receive a letter requesting additional information if needed.