Unclaimed money discovery

Asked about 1 year ago - Newark, NJ

I was told that I would have to pay a fee of $24.90 so I did. and what's the crazy thing is they knew my sister's name and one old address without me telling them. they assigned a rep to my case then I was told I would get an email from someone in 1-3 business days. since I now know this is a scam, how do I get my money back without them charging my cc again? do I need to get a replacement card to avoid this?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Peter Joseph Lamont


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . You should contact your credit card company and advise them of the situation. They should give you a new card. You can also dispute the charge with the bank. You may also have a claim against the company under the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act. I suggest that you contact an attorney if you wish to discuss your options in greater detail.

    If you found this Answer helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer". Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Peter... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,676 answers this week

3,233 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,676 answers this week

3,233 attorneys answering