Unclaimed money discovery

Asked about 1 year ago - Newark, NJ

I was told that I would have to pay a fee of $24.90 so I did. and what's the crazy thing is they knew my sister's name and one old address without me telling them. they assigned a rep to my case then I was told I would get an email from someone in 1-3 business days. since I now know this is a scam, how do I get my money back without them charging my cc again? do I need to get a replacement card to avoid this?

1. Peter Joseph Lamont

Pro

Answered . You should contact your credit card company and advise them of the situation. They should give you a new card. You can also dispute the charge with the bank. You may also have a claim against the company under the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act. I suggest that you contact an attorney if you wish to discuss your options in greater detail.