Unbundled legal services in cleveland ohio

Asked over 2 years ago - Cleveland, OH

I am pro se and I have done most of my case on my own. I am at the point where I need advice on a couple topics. Are there any lawyers on here offering unbundled legal services in or around the cleveland ohio area?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Peter Stephen Kirner

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . I understand. Yes. Feel free to call me or email me. For those who have not heard the phrase unbundled legal services, I will explain. Normally you hire an attorney beginning to end, call that "bundled services." That is the filing of all motions, appearing at all hearings, full representation. "Unbundled services" are if you retain an attorney for specific and limited roles. For example: If someone wants to do a dissolution of marriage and an attorney prepares the documents as if BOTH parties were un-represented, and sends them to the final hearing on their own, this is "unbundled" So, as I understand you are representing yourself and you are seeking advice or limited representation. Please feel free to contact me and we can discuss such representation.

    The above information is not, nor intend to be, legal advice. You SHOULD consult an attorney for specific advice... more
  2. Loretta Marie Helfrich


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . I am not sure I completely understand your question - not sure what unbundled services means. If you are looking for an attorney to handle or prepare for one hearing or one matter, your fee agreement can limit the representation to that matter. However, if this is an ongoing matter, one having several hearing or parts, an attorney may not be able to step in on limited representation.

    In the domestic relations court, once an attorney is of record in a matter they are of record for the entire matter until it is concluded. For an attorney to stop representation in a matter requires leave of court. That is a motion needs to be filed to step off of a case. Usually this requires the clients consent as well or a hearing before the magistrate. If the request to be let off of the case is not well taken - done to many times before, too close to a trial setting, etc., the court may not allow the attorney off of the case.

    If you are looking for guidance on how to handle a particular motion or hearing, then seek a consultation. A good hour of advice and guidance is time and money well spent.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,920 answers this week

2,918 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,920 answers this week

2,918 attorneys answering