Unauthorized work on F-1 visa

Asked over 2 years ago - Brunswick, OH

This question has been asked before but I do not know what the next step is. I have an F-1 visa and am in the process of filling out the forms (i-130 and i-485) for a green card. Through school, I had a part time job which I now think was a big NO NO. How can I clear this up before I try to file for my green card? I talked to my DSO and she has no clue.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

1

Answered . If you are adjusting your status as an immediate relative, your unauthorized employment will be forgiven.

2. Neil Ian Fleischer

Pro

1

1

Answered . If you are marrying a US citizen, it should be ok, I would disclose it, if possible
    www.immigrate2usa.com

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . You cannot change the past.

If you are filing for adjustment of status based on marriage to a US citizen, unlawful employment is not a bar.