UK DUI conviction, looking to travel to USA for holiday

Austin, TX |
Filed under: DUI Criminal conviction

I was convicted of a DUI offence in the UK July 2012. I wish to travel to the US (specifically Austin TX) to visit friends this year. I understand from other various forums websites etc. that a single DUI is not classed as a CIMT therefore i can travel under the WVP, is this correct?

Also as a civil engineer i wish to work in the US at some point in the future. Will travel under the WVP this year, as in tick no to CIMT, cause any issue when applying for a work visa in the future?

Question posted from London, UK

1. I'm going to change the practice area of your question to immigration. Hopefully some attorneys will then be able to give you some guidance. Best of luck.

Jasen Nielsen

2. May I suggest that you contact either Thomas Esparza or Paul Parsons, both of whom are US immigration lawyers with offices in Austin, Texas.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

DUI topics