U visa processing time

Asked over 2 years ago - Quincy, MA

At the time of filing of my U visa petition, I was told that it will take USCIS six months to process my case.
According to the latest processing times on USCIS website, date of cases which are processed has not really moved forward for the past few months.
Should I expect a delay in the processing of my case?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

Answered . U processing times vary greatly.

2. Wolf W Kaufmann

1

Answered . Yes. The USCIS works in mysterious ways. Working very fast is not one of them.

3. Jennifer Doerrie

1

Answered . Hello,

Yes, it could be longer than six months, unfortunately. Processing times change a lot from month to month depending on the volume of applications received, the current case priorities for the Immigration Service, current staffing, and several other factors. As well, processing times are averages, so some cases take longer than average.

Most of my U visa clients over the last year received responses approximately 10 to 12 months from the date of filing, if that is helpful.

Best wishes,
    Jennifer