Typical sentence for Class B weed charge with 2 felonies in my past.

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

i no that it depends on a hundred different things. but i am scared so can someone please teel me what they think the sentence would be for a class B weed charge with 2 prior felonies about 5 years ago? I have noting else on my record. I was hoping for a fine. probation is too expensive and hard.

this is my first drug charge.

1. David Scott Olshansky

1

Answered . One of the most important question we need to know is where you are going to court. Some courts and counties are a lot more lenient on small cannabis charges than others. It is expensive for the State to prosecute these cases and in many locations in Chicago small cannabis charges are dismissed outright. Also, if the case is not dismissed, the reason for the stop and detention that led to the discovery of the cannabis could be in question leading to a motion to suppress evidence. Consult with an attorney and provide more details.

2. Michael David Elkin

Pro

1

Answered . Couple questions. 1.) What were felonies for? 2. How old are you? 3. Which County did this occur in? As long as you were not on probation/conditional discharge/ or supervision, I think with a decent attorney you should not face any jail time. But these factors you attorney must before proceeding ahead.

3. James Regan

Pro

1

Answered . " A weed is a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. " ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL.org) Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members: http://tinyurl.com/8ru8wtv

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.