Typical sentence for Class B weed charge with 2 felonies in my past.

Chicago, IL |

i no that it depends on a hundred different things. but i am scared so can someone please teel me what they think the sentence would be for a class B weed charge with 2 prior felonies about 5 years ago? I have noting else on my record. I was hoping for a fine. probation is too expensive and hard.

this is my first drug charge.

" A weed is a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. " ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL.org) Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members: http://tinyurl.com/8ru8wtv

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.

One of the most important question we need to know is where you are going to court. Some courts and counties are a lot more lenient on small cannabis charges than others. It is expensive for the State to prosecute these cases and in many locations in Chicago small cannabis charges are dismissed outright. Also, if the case is not dismissed, the reason for the stop and detention that led to the discovery of the cannabis could be in question leading to a motion to suppress evidence. Consult with an attorney and provide more details.

It is downtown Chicago. How would they be dismissed outright? Thank you for the response.

David Scott Olshansky

David Scott Olshansky

There are many branch courts downtown Chicago, Belmont & Western, Harrison & Kedzie, Grand & Central, 111th & Ellis, 51st & Wentworth... Which one are you going to? What is the Branch Court No.? 29, 23, 44.... Still need more info... you need to call a lawyer and talk to them about representation for a more detailed response.

Couple questions. 1.) What were felonies for? 2. How old are you? 3. Which County did this occur in? As long as you were not on probation/conditional discharge/ or supervision, I think with a decent attorney you should not face any jail time. But these factors you attorney must before proceeding ahead.

Please contact a lawyer and do not make legal decision based on the legal advice provided. Criminal cases are complex and factually very sensitive.

Michael David Elkin

Michael David Elkin

By no means did I intend for you to answer these questions online. These are the questions that are pertinent to the answer. I agree with James Regan, take the time to find an attorney. Most don't charge for an initial consultation., but be prepared to answer these questions.

Violent crime topics