TX laws: one of our apartment tenant was cut stealing our equipment and pawing them. But current on rent?????

Dallas, TX |

How to evict this tenant if rent is current? Is this solely a Plice matter?

1. A tenant can be found in default on a lease other than non payment of rent. Read the lease agreement thoroughly you may be able to evict.

2. If you used any standard lease form, most likely there is a provision that states the tenant must not violate the law or local regulations. This provision could possibly be used as the default under the lease to allow for an eviction. If not sure, go see a real estate attorney to assist you further in determining your rights.

If this response was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. The response provided herein is for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice, nor does it establish or intend to establish an attorney-client relationship. You should always speak with a licensed attorney regarding your legal rights before taking or not taking any particular action.

3. That's pretty bold! Stealing the landlord's equipment violates numerous provisions of the Texas Apartment Association form lease. Before you proceed with an eviction, though, make sure you have some credible evidence to present to the court. You're going to need witnesses who will be willing to testify. While I realize that most apartment managers are experienced at handling evictions for people who are behind on their rent, I would recommend that you work with an attorney on this one because it's not typical. And yes,
    you can call the police.