TX- DFW: Need Immigration Attorney to Adjust Green Card.

Asked over 1 year ago - Grand Prairie, TX

My mother was given her green card last year after 2-3 years delay for unexplained reasons other that processing delay. Now that they issued her the green card, it has a wrong date on it. It states that she is a resident since 2011 while in reality she has been a resident since 2008.
I need help with correcting the GC. Please advise on fees if possible.

Thank you so much in advance.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

18

1

Best Answer

Answered . Have her make an InfoPass appointment and get this corrected without the help of an attorney.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Gen Kimura

6

Answered . I agree with my colleague. You would like to do an infopass 1st. USCIS might be able to fix the problem.

3. Jeffrey Adam Devore

Pro

7

Answered . More facts are needed in order to evaluate this case When your mother's case was approved determines when she became a resident, not when it was filed Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review the case to determine what needs to be done and the estimated fee to resolve the problem.

4. Haroen Calehr

Pro

3

Answered . If this was a Service Error than USCIS will fix it and not charge you. You ought to first go see them after making an Infopass appointment online at www.uscis.gov than look for Infopass. Enter all your info. You can also apply for a new card online on form I-90 and claim service error but your first step as the other colleagues have said is go to your local immigration office and speak to an IIO-Immigration Information Officer and explain the predicament. They can in turn than email the Card Production Center in Mesquite, Texas and order a new card but usually you must also apply for the new I-551 (green card) with the form I-90 but instead of paying claims "Service Error." Good luck.

5. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

3

Answered . What makes you think she was a resident since 2008? USCIS determines when she was admitted as a lawful permanent resident.

6. Elizabeth Diane Alvarez

1

Answered . Although I agree that it's important to have the date changed to reflect when she was first given asylum, I don't necessarily think you need an attorney. You may, as my colleagues suggested, be able to fix the error on your own. Start with an InfoPass. If they cannot help you or do not, or if you need assistance following their instructions, then you should consult an attorney in the area.