Two week summer vacation interpretation?

Titusville, FL |

My paperwork states each party is entitled two weeks, fourteen days uninterrupted visitation with the minor child. The mother shall have first choice as long as she gives notice by April 1, each year. Visitation shall not commence until three days after school ends and shall terminate at least three days before school starts. The father thinks that this means that is the schedule over the summer two weeks on two weeks off! I told him he was wrong that it means he is untitled to a two week vacation but the visitation still stays the same? Is that true ?

You are correct, from what you have written and without reading the provision in your agreement he has two weeks, no more, take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

2. The language that you used supports your interpretation. Each parent has an exclusive 2-week period and in the absence of language that adjusts other times the regular visitation would apply.

There is a rules of construction that the specific marks an exception to the rule. If nothing else is said that would establish an exception--the fathet's interpretation is based on nothing further--Tge. the general rule continued.

I hope you found this response to be helpful. If so, your clicking "helpful" and/or "best answer" helps my Avvo rating and would be appreciated. This answer shall not be considered rendering legal advise but instead a general response to a general question. Avvo is a wonderful resource but nothing can substitute for an in-depth consultation face-to-face with a lawyer. The response shall not be deemed to create an attorney-client relationship, nor shall it create an obligation on the part of the attorney to respond to further inquiry from the questioner.

3. I interpret this to mean that each parent has a two-week uninterrupted block of time with the child during the summer which is an exception to the regular schedule.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.