Skip to main content

Two months since my .06 Cali arrest if DA files charges and I plea down to a wet wreckless will I keep my CDL . Second DUI

Union City, CA |

Second DUI in four and half years

Attorney Answers 3


San Diego does a 5 year grant of summary probation, if you are still on probation anything above a .01 would be a 1 year suspension. If you aren't on probation you should not have a suspension with a reckless driving.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


By CDL, do you mean commercial drivers license? If so, you'll need to hire an attorney. Also, the probation period on the first DUI begins upon conviction, so hopefully you are not still on probation. Even though the DA may not file charges, I highly suggest consulting with a local DUI attorney to begin preparing. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

Mark as helpful


At a .06 unless you have drugs in your system I would fight for a dismissal or a dry reckless. The DMV controls your license not the court.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics