Tunisian GAY for asylum.

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

Hi,
I'm a J1 visa immigrant since June 2012. I'm from Tunisia. I would like to know how I can process for asylm as GAY , Need I a lawyer? How much cost? and what is my chances to obtain it?
Thanks

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

2. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

5

Answered . The process involves filing an application with USCIS for asylum. You must prove that you have been or will face persecution in Tunisia if you return because of your sexual orientation. There are a lot of standards that must be met in order to win an asylum case. Eighty percent of all asylum applications are denied. While you can file on your own without a lawyer you should get an attorney because of the complexity of the process and the difficult standards that must be met. The cost depends on which attorney you hire. You may have other options. It would be best to consult with an immigration attorney.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . Just being gay isn't in-and-of-itself a reason to qualify for asylum.

You will need to demonstrate the Tunisian government has persecuted you, or that you have a reasonable expectation of them persecuting you.

Meet in private with an attorney and have him/her evaluate your case for the cost of a consultation fee ... it will be well worth the investment.