Trying to stay in the US.

I'm in the United States on a visitor visa. I have two young US citizen children here, under the age of 18. I came from Kuwait, as a refugee from Syria. My father is wanted by Assad for political reasons and my family fled. I was diagnosed with cancer while here about a month ago. Treatment in Kuwait for refugees is very bad. I also fear for my life if I return to Syria as my family is wanted by government forces. What routes are avaliable to me to extend my stay? Asylum or medical?

Bedford Park, IL -

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

You may qualify for asylum.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

Michael Hugh Carlin

Michael Hugh Carlin

Immigration Attorney - Ann Arbor, MI

You need to consult with an experienced immigration attorney about your case. Depending on many details that you would need to discuss with an attorney, some possibilities for you might include applying for asylum, and/or applying for temporary protected status.

Rochelle Inger

Rochelle Inger

Immigration Attorney - Suffern, NY

Asylum is one route. The best advice I can give you is to consult with an immigration attorney.
Rochelle Inger, ESQ 845-270-0601

Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

Asylum is an available option. Do retain an attorney for this important application.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC
www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.
J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.