Trying to set up custody but have no money and need legal paperwork so he dont run off with her

Kissimmee, FL |

would like to set up visitation but i have no money for legal work at the moment but wanted some sort of documents so nothing could go wrong i dont want them to be a part its not fair to her or him

You need to file a Petition for Paternity. You can find forms and instructions at www.flcourts.org.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!

why would that need to be done he is on birth certificate he is her father..

Brent Allan Rose

Brent Allan Rose

Because Florida is one of the rare states where the birth certificate means almost nothing as far as "custody" is concerned. You have to have a full paternity case in Florida.

I agree with my colleague. You can file a Petition for Paternity and Related Relief and request a timesharing schedule and parenting plan for the child.

This answer is for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for your particular case nor is it intended as legal advice. I have not reviewed your case nor have I met with you and the answer to this question does not in any manner whatsoever establish an attorney/client relationship.

do you know where do go or how much can i print the papers offline and turn them in

Tami Lane Augen

Tami Lane Augen

If you are having trouble printing them offline, you can go to the courthouse and purchase the package for a Petition for Paternity and fill out the forms. It should cost about $25 for the forms.

File a paternity action. Have him served. Then resolve the case through mediation.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,

I agree with the other attorneys. FIle a Petition to establish paternity and for other relief asap. Good luck.

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.

Child custody topics