Trying to force workman comp settlement

Stockton, CA |

Going to court soon because adjuster is denying me medical treatment and trying force me to settle by refusing to send requesting doctor a note indicating that they are my new primary . Since I am being forced to go to court behind this, what kind of fees can I ask for and don't they have to pay for my attorney if I am pro per since they are leaving me no choice but to go to court. My PTP moved out of town and I am trying to get a new one

They don't have to pay your attorney fees....because you don't have an attorney. You, as a non-attorney, cannot collect attorney fees.

You can bet that they are going to hire an experienced attorney to represent them in court. You should not go in there without knowing the rules of the game, the tricks of the game and the players in the game and think you can win the game. Get an attorney.

Find a good attorney here at www.avvo.com or at www.caaa.org. CAAA is the association for attorneys here in CA who represent injured workers.

Please remember to vote for "Best Answer."

I agree with the previous writer in that you cannot get attorneys ffes since you are not an attorney. I would also stongly advise you get an attorney at the issues you discuss are ones that need to be addressed by a professional.

I don't think I explained myself very well. They want me to settle and they are making it impossible to get another doctor because the procedures I need are very expensive so they are trying to force me to settle. I must go to court so a judge can make them give me another primary doctor. My doctor is no longer practicing. I have no choice but to go to court and if I wanted to hire an attorney to help me in court don't they have to pay his fees? I understand that if I were going to have an attorney go with me into a deposition that they would have to pay for him or her to be there. Is it the same rule if I am being forced into going to court?

I don't know how you could collect attorney fees if you are pro se, by definition you would not have an attorney and therefore no attorney fees.

The answering of this question does not constitute a attorney-client relationship. Further by answering this question the attorney has not agreed to represent inquisitor.