Skip to main content

Trying to force workman comp settlement

Stockton, CA |

Going to court soon because adjuster is denying me medical treatment and trying force me to settle by refusing to send requesting doctor a note indicating that they are my new primary . Since I am being forced to go to court behind this, what kind of fees can I ask for and don't they have to pay for my attorney if I am pro per since they are leaving me no choice but to go to court. My PTP moved out of town and I am trying to get a new one

Attorney Answers 3

  1. They don't have to pay your attorney fees....because you don't have an attorney. You, as a non-attorney, cannot collect attorney fees.

    You can bet that they are going to hire an experienced attorney to represent them in court. You should not go in there without knowing the rules of the game, the tricks of the game and the players in the game and think you can win the game. Get an attorney.

    Find a good attorney here at or at CAAA is the association for attorneys here in CA who represent injured workers.

    Please remember to vote for "Best Answer."

  2. I agree with the previous writer in that you cannot get attorneys ffes since you are not an attorney. I would also stongly advise you get an attorney at the issues you discuss are ones that need to be addressed by a professional.

  3. I don't know how you could collect attorney fees if you are pro se, by definition you would not have an attorney and therefore no attorney fees.

    The answering of this question does not constitute a attorney-client relationship. Further by answering this question the attorney has not agreed to represent inquisitor.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics