Skip to main content

Trying to find a experienced immigration lawyer in the rochester ny area need one asap

Rochester, NY |

has a cout date with county court in feb but boarder patrol has detained my friend. they are threatening to deport him telling him he is illegal in the country he has a wife should i advise is wife to come into town and get the lawyer or would it be ok for me to get the lawyer.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Anyone could hire the lawyer. You are right, it must be done asap. However, before you rush to get "any" lawyer, do your homework and hire the right one for your friend's case. A lawyer who is experienced in deportation cases, who listens and who can explain the case thoroughly to you and the family..
    Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry

    Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

  2. You may hire the lawyer on your friend's behalf, but he will be the client of the lawyer if he wants to be represented. I would not waste any time, in case this is a "expedited removal" case at the border. I would begin by going to the American Immigration Lawyers website and use the online referral service at Alternatively, the National Immigration Forum has a list of lawyers who do this type of work. Good luck!

  3. You are looking for an experienced immigration attorney who practices removal defense and alson knows criminal law - in order to address the reason for the court date in the first place. The est way to find the right lawyer is to google in your area. When you speak to the lawyer ask about there experience.

    Anyone can hire the lawyer on your friends behalf. However, keep in mind that the lawyer represents your friend regardless of who has paid him or her.

  4. You can contact the NY State bar or the local county bar association and ask for a list of experienced immigrationa ttorney in the region who handes deportation. Anyone one can seek legal counsel for anotehr but you will then have to allow the attorney to work directly with the client so that a zealous representaion can be done. Good luck.

    Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

  5. Feel free to contact my firm. We handle deportation defense in the Western NY area.
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global
    212 537 4407

    Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics