Trying to establish paternity but do not have the alleged father's address or social. Will I need that and should hire a lawyer

Asked 5 months ago - Brooklyn, NY

1. Christopher N Palermo

Pro

1

Answered . You need to personally serve the husband in order to have paternity established through the Court. You do need his social or his address, but you will need a suitable person other then yourself to personally serve the Father. Obviously, establishing paternity raises a slew of other legal ramifications from child support to child custody, you should consult with an attorney.

2. Lance Howard Meyer

1

Answered . You should speak with an attorney. The father will have to be serves and a paternity proceeding will trigger a child support proceeding as well.

3. Ian S. Mednick

Pro

Answered . You will need the address of the father so that you can personally serve him. Consult with an attorney or a private investigator to locate the father.