Trying to establish paternity but do not have the alleged father's address or social. Will I need that and should hire a lawyer

Brooklyn, NY |

1. You need to personally serve the husband in order to have paternity established through the Court. You do need his social or his address, but you will need a suitable person other then yourself to personally serve the Father. Obviously, establishing paternity raises a slew of other legal ramifications from child support to child custody, you should consult with an attorney.

2. You should speak with an attorney. The father will have to be serves and a paternity proceeding will trigger a child support proceeding as well.

If you have any further questions or would like to speak to me about your case, you can reach me at LanceMeyer@LMeyerLawFirm.com or (516)-488-2255. Legal disclaimer: This is not legal advice and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The post is only an opinion. You should speak to an attorney for further information. I try and answer questions in terms that the readers will understand. The poster is licensed only in NY, CT & NJ. If this post is useful to you, please remember to upvote it.

3. You will need the address of the father so that you can personally serve him. Consult with an attorney or a private investigator to locate the father.

This for general information purposes only and should not be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Child custody topics