Trying to collect from a past tenant

Asked almost 2 years ago - Oroville, CA

I have done searches to find them. But have not been lucky. But they are regulars at the local casino. is there a way that I can attach there Social Security number to if they get any winnings from a casino that I am paid off first???? what I am looking for is a way to attach there SSN for a past judgement that is owed to me

1. 2

Best Answer

Answered . I agree with Mr. Farrell, but would add this:

If you know the tenants frequent the casino, you know where to find them to serve the lawsuit for the unpaid money or, if you already have a judgment, to serve subpoenas and orders to appear for examination and what not. Enforcement of judgment, not help from the SSA, is the way to get the money, unless they pay you to settle the lawsuit when you sue them.

2. 2

Answered . This is really a debt collection matter, so I will try to repost. But the short answer is no, there is no way to "attach" a social security number. SSA will not release any information or take any action like that.

Sorry.

3. 1

Answered . Attorney Paul is correct. If you have a judgment that you are attempting to enforce, hire a process server to hand them the necessary documents in person - at the casino.

The Social Security Administration will not release the information that you are looking for.

Good luck to you.

4. 1

Answered . Remember that before you hire a lawyer that you may not be able to collect on this type of person. Usually people who do not own (but rather rent) and who gamble are judgement proof.