Trying to collect from a past tenant

Asked almost 2 years ago - Oroville, CA

I have done searches to find them. But have not been lucky. But they are regulars at the local casino. is there a way that I can attach there Social Security number to if they get any winnings from a casino that I am paid off first???? what I am looking for is a way to attach there SSN for a past judgement that is owed to me

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . I agree with Mr. Farrell, but would add this:

    If you know the tenants frequent the casino, you know where to find them to serve the lawsuit for the unpaid money or, if you already have a judgment, to serve subpoenas and orders to appear for examination and what not. Enforcement of judgment, not help from the SSA, is the way to get the money, unless they pay you to settle the lawsuit when you sue them.

    Good luck.

  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This is really a debt collection matter, so I will try to repost. But the short answer is no, there is no way to "attach" a social security number. SSA will not release any information or take any action like that.


    The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should... more
  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Attorney Paul is correct. If you have a judgment that you are attempting to enforce, hire a process server to hand them the necessary documents in person - at the casino.

    The Social Security Administration will not release the information that you are looking for.

    Good luck to you.

    Andrew W. Norfleet, Esquire Helping disabled individuals throughout Pennsylvania. www.norlaflaw.... more
  4. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Remember that before you hire a lawyer that you may not be able to collect on this type of person. Usually people who do not own (but rather rent) and who gamble are judgement proof.

Related Topics

Social security

Social security refers to several federal benefit programs, including Social Security Disability and Social Security Income, each with different requirements.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

35,478 answers this week

3,886 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

35,478 answers this week

3,886 attorneys answering