Trustee surcharge

New York, NY |

If a surrogate court surcharges a trustee and then the trustee declares bankruptcy, does this wipe out the surcharge?

A trustee's debt would potentially be non-dischargeable pursuant to 11 USC 523(a)(4)

2. I'm not sure what you mean. The trustee owes you money and files for a bk? It owes the court money?

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here. Please visit my web site: www.avanesianlaw.com for more information about my services.