Skip to main content

Trustee not abiding court orders form prevous trust

Federal Way, WA |

court set up snt for father from med malpractice suit there is a successor trustee and they are not abiding prevous court orders. they said everything is void and a start over. court orders do not stop because trustee changed. is that breach of duty

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If someone is not following a court order and you have an issue with it, you need to hire an attorney and bring this matter to their attention and or go to court to resolve it. Trustees must follow court orders but only you bringing an action would potentially resolve the issue.

This is not legal advice nor intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided here is informational in nature only. This attorney may not be licensed in the jurisdiction which you have a question about so the answer could be only general in nature. Visit Steve Zelinger's website:


Whether there has been a breach of duty requires a careful look at all the relevant facts. As a general matter, when a court order is not being followed, court action is often needed to bring compliance. However, better compliance can sometimes result from discussion with the trustee and other parties, and use of a non-judicial TEDRA agreement.

This information is intended as general information only, and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please seek particular advice from an attorney.


If the trustee is not complying with the court's orders, then you need to bring the non-compliance to the court's attention. Consult with a local trust attorney for fact specific direction and guidance.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer