Trustee as owner of an LLC - How?

Burbank, CA |

If one wishes to have a LLC owned by a trust, should the LLC operating agreement list the owner as "ABC Trust" or "John Doe, Trustee of ABC Trust"? Thank you

This depends on the type of trust created. For a standard revocable living trust, the trust itself can't own property so the membership interest would be issued to the trustee as trustee of the trust.

All information provided is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. For more information, please visit my website at www.soaresandlykken.com.

2. Representing yourself without any previous legal background or knowledge can prove to be a challenge in some cases. It may not be possible to learn every law or detail. Often times the more complex a case is, the more legal knowledge a person needs in order to be successful. A lack of time, resources, and knowledge can be negative points of self-representation. It's better to hire a lawyer to handle this. There are a lot of excellent lawyers in your city.

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit http://www.sainjurylawyer.com or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit http://www.giardinolawfirm.com. Good luck!

3. The Operating Agreement should reflect the Trustee of the Trust and name of the Trust. You should include in the Company book a Memorandum of Trust so that in the event the Trustee changes, the other members of the LLC would be on notice of who can act as Successor Trustee.

Business topics