Trust and will states to use as much of the principal to maintain the lifestyle the minor were used to. What is that lifestyle?

Asked about 1 year ago - Norfolk, VA

My ex paid or was suppose to pay expenses plus paid spousal and childsupport. Which all stopped. Its 7 months ago. Luckily he left certain assets out of the estate, however his administrator is trying to put that money in the estate. My ex had more than I, I have been keeping the lifestyle a certain way which is way above I should be spending, now that I dont receive spousal or child support. His administrator never initiated to set up those trust, however he has enough liquids. I feel they are delaying, and so the kids lifestyle is not at all anymore as they were used to. What is lifestyle they were used to mean? As before? Their dad or their moms lifestyle

1. Kevin Duane Frank

Pro

2

Answered . There is clearly a lot going on here with multiple issues and overlapping areas of law. It is not possible to give a clear answer in this format. You should set an appointment to meet with a local attorney to review the documents and discuss you case in detail.

2. Steven M Zelinger

Pro

2

Answered . This is quite confusing as written...not really sure what the question is. I think you need a lawyer to guide you.

3. David Michael Mccormick

Pro

Answered . If he is not paying spousal or child support, file a show-cause petitioin in J&DR Court . It is his responsibility to pay you, whether the money comes from the trust or his paycheck. There are alot of side issues here, so please consult with an experienced attorney in your area. Most, like our firm, offer a free consultation.

Thank-you for the question. Wishing you the very best!

David McCormick- Divorce and Custody Attorney with McCormick & Calderon, established in 1996 with offices in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and Newport News.