Trust and will states to use as much of the principal to maintain the lifestyle the minor were used to. What is that lifestyle?

Norfolk, VA |

My ex paid or was suppose to pay expenses plus paid spousal and childsupport. Which all stopped. Its 7 months ago. Luckily he left certain assets out of the estate, however his administrator is trying to put that money in the estate. My ex had more than I, I have been keeping the lifestyle a certain way which is way above I should be spending, now that I dont receive spousal or child support. His administrator never initiated to set up those trust, however he has enough liquids. I feel they are delaying, and so the kids lifestyle is not at all anymore as they were used to. What is lifestyle they were used to mean? As before? Their dad or their moms lifestyle

1. This is quite confusing as written...not really sure what the question is. I think you need a lawyer to guide you.

This is not legal advice nor intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided here is informational in nature only. This attorney may not be licensed in the jurisdiction which you have a question about so the answer could be only general in nature. Visit Steve Zelinger's website: http://www.stevenzelinger.com/

2. There is clearly a lot going on here with multiple issues and overlapping areas of law. It is not possible to give a clear answer in this format. You should set an appointment to meet with a local attorney to review the documents and discuss you case in detail.

The information contained in this message is for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to be legal advice or to substitute for professional legal services. No attorney/client relationship is created by the use of AVVO.

3. If he is not paying spousal or child support, file a show-cause petitioin in J&DR Court . It is his responsibility to pay you, whether the money comes from the trust or his paycheck. There are alot of side issues here, so please consult with an experienced attorney in your area. Most, like our firm, offer a free consultation.

Thank-you for the question. Wishing you the very best!

David McCormick- Divorce and Custody Attorney with McCormick & Calderon, established in 1996 with offices in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and Newport News.