True or false? A jury may find a defendant guilty of any offense the elements of which are included in the offense with which

Asked over 1 year ago - Redlands, CA

she is actually charged.

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

6

Answered . Homework assignment? I think so. If your school thinks so, too, you can be in a bad situation.

2. Frank Mascagni III

7

Answered . I'm not sure of the question. A jury can only return a verdict on the charge(s) contained in the written jury instructions tendered to them prior to deliberation. They cannot return a verdict of guilty on a charge that was not included in the instructions.

3. David Aaron Wiesen

Pro

5

Answered . False. Not all offenses that share elements are necessary included. Need to look at use notes of jury instructions. Sometimes depends upon what the parties request as well.

4. Keith G Langer

Pro

6

Answered . You should be researching the homework yourself; not expecting us to do it for you.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  5. Carmine John Giardino

5

Answered . Not enough facts to answer