Trouble with several questions on naturalization application

Asked over 1 year ago - Glendale, CA

1. If I am not sure about the dates of employment and residence, can I just put month and year or do I need to estimate? If estimate, how should I let them know those are estimates?

2. If I had a different name a long time ago, but it is not mentioned anywhere in the United States, do I need to mention it on N400? I was born in Armenia, and had my father's last name. Then my mother changed it to hers. Later, I moved to Russia, and my mother's husband officially adopted me, so my last name changed again, after which I received both Armenian passport and Russian citizenship with that last name. So, my other last names were only mentioned on my old birth certificates and nowhere else. And my green card has the same last name as in those passports. So, do I mention it on N400?

1. Andrea Felice Szew

3

Answered . The most important thing on any application is that you are honest. Dates of employment - they want the complete date, but if you are only able to put in the month and year then do that. As for your previous names - You should put all names you have ever used. That is what the question asks and that is what you should put.

2. Andrew Marino Bramante

3

Answered . Month and year are fine.
    Give all your previous names even if there is no record of them in the U.S.

3. Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

3

Answered . Always be forthcoming, truthful, honest and complete in any forms including N400 and include all information asked for in the form. Advise being represented in any proceeding before USCIS; even if you think your case is not hard or straightforward. Search Avvo, have an attorney represent you in filing and go with you at the time of your interview so find an attorney in your area.