Skip to main content

Trouble with several questions on naturalization application

Glendale, CA |

1. Do I need to mention Russian citizenship on the application if it only asks for the most recent one?
2. Do I need to mention student organizations in college or university in the question in part 10 about affiliation?
3. Do I need to mention a speeding ticket and a camera (red light) ticket that were dismissed by court?
4. Do I need to mention a littering ticket if I have not gone to trial yet? My arraignment date is in May. But because I missed my first court date, I had my driver license suspended and had to get an abstract. Is it better to just pay it off ($1192) or wait for the court date to fight it, and would that affect my citizenship application? Should I apply after I am done with it, or pending cases in process like that are fine?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


This is the wrong place for you to be asking these case-specific/form-specific questions.

You should consult in private with an attorney before you mail in your form.

It isn't as 'simple' of a process as you may think.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.



Thank you, but those are just simple yes/no questions, and I do not think that requires an attorney. My case is quiet simple with no misdemeanor, felony, or other issues that could contribute into the denial of my application. I just wanted to make sure about certain questions as I have never filed an N400 form and thought that lawyers could help me as they have done it many times. Thank you for your prompt response though. I appreciate all of your opinions.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III


No, in fact although the answers may be yes/no, they are far from simple questions. The first two are relatively simple ... but still require a discussion with a lawyer ... ie: were any of those organizations with the Young Pioneers in the USSR of the old days, etc.? The last two questions involve criminal activity ... far from simple. Consulting with an attorney isn't expensive and, as some say, is well worth twice-the-price.


I answered this on your other post.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.



Thank you, Mr. Segal. I found your responses to be the most helpful. I appreciate your help.


It seems like you have a lot of specific questions on the application. I recommend working with a qualified immigration attorney or immigration legal service provider to assist you with your case.

Ellie Mosko Attorney Ellis Porter, PLC 2701 Troy Center Dr., 410 Troy, MI 48084 Phone: 248-519-9900 Fax: 248-519-9901 Email: The information I provide on Avvo is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney client relationship

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer