Tricked online

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

I was talking to someone online for a few yrs. we become very close. Turns out he was using someone pics and vids. Can I sue them for emotional distress or have criminal chargers brought against them

1. Robert C. Keller

1

Answered . You have provided insufficient information for an attorney to render an opinion. It is suggested that you gather all the evidence you have and then sit down with an attorney for a consult. They may refer you to the police or otherwise advise you on a course of action.

2. Stewart C Crawford Jr.

1

Answered . I believe the social term for your predicament is catfished, you can indeed seek compemsation for any harms you suffered howevwr there are a number of obstacles. For example you must know the identity of the axtor, you must be able to quantify damages and you must be able to trace your harms to their acts. Yoi should consult in person with an attotney to fully explore this issue.