Skip to main content

Tricked online

Philadelphia, PA |

I was talking to someone online for a few yrs. we become very close. Turns out he was using someone pics and vids. Can I sue them for emotional distress or have criminal chargers brought against them

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You have provided insufficient information for an attorney to render an opinion. It is suggested that you gather all the evidence you have and then sit down with an attorney for a consult. They may refer you to the police or otherwise advise you on a course of action.


I believe the social term for your predicament is catfished, you can indeed seek compemsation for any harms you suffered howevwr there are a number of obstacles. For example you must know the identity of the axtor, you must be able to quantify damages and you must be able to trace your harms to their acts. Yoi should consult in person with an attotney to fully explore this issue.

All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself, create an attorney client relationship. Without the benefit a personal consultation to exploe all of the facts of your legal problem, the information in this posting may be inaccurate and for that reason it should not be relied upon. If you wish to consult with an attorney, or have any questions concerning this comment, please feel free to contact our offices through any of the above contact sources.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer