Treating for an infection that developed after cosmetic surgery grounds for medical malpractice lawsuit under CA laws

Asked over 6 years ago - Brea, CA

I had surgery April 2007 of cosmetic surgery that was performed in the doctors
surgical center, I had a red streak starting around the surgical area the next
day in which the doctor treated with an antibiotic the redness got worse, then
my doctor goes on vacation for (1) week and I continued to see the nurse
when the doctor returned I was really red and infected, I am then diagnosed with staph infection which becomes MRSA , my doctor treats informs me that I have obtained the infection from his surgical center, I treat with him until July and find
my self to becoming worse so see my regular doctor which sends me to hospital for wound care treatments for over (1) year at (3) days per week. As of today I am still open the wound has not healed completely, I look like I went to a chop shop. Is this malpratice? I was treated with approx. 25 different types of presciptions and now have more medical problems due to the antibiotics causing damage to my stomach.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. 1

    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . There is a definite issue as to whether the statute of limitations has run in your case since it has been over 1 year. You may have lost your right to sue for medical malpratice.

    You may call my office for a free consultation at 800-816-1529 ext. 1.



Related Topics

Medical malpractice

Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional's negligence causes injury to a patient. Incorrect actions and inaction can both be forms of negligence.

Jonathan Michael Rolnick

Medical Malpractice Case

There is an expectation when we see a physician or go to the hospital that a certain "reasonable" standard of care will be provided. In most cases, this is exactly what happens. There are... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

35,033 answers this week

3,866 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

35,033 answers this week

3,866 attorneys answering