Travelling to Russia from USA with 2 passports.

Charleston, SC |
Filed under: Immigration

I have to passports ( US, Russia). When travelling to Russia, what passport do I need to show?

Unless you officially renounced your Russian nationality (and applied for and of obtained a Russian visa on your US passport) for the Russians you are considered a Russian citizen and thus must enter that country on your Russian passport. (You don't want to end up in one of Lubianka square's dreadful interrogation you?)

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Use your Russian passport to enter Russia, your US passport to enter the US.

DISCLAIMER: The information appearing here is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal advice to any individual or entity. We urge you to contact us at (818) 639-2692 or or consult with your own legal advisor before taking any action based on information appearing here.

Recommended articles about Immigration