Traveling within the USA

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I have a second question, while pending for my change of status from G3 to B2 can I travel within the USA without any problem , my passport is valid and I have the reciept of my request of change of status. Should it be enough to prove at the airport I m legal here while waiting for my B2? I have never traveled interstate before.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Yes, you can travel throughout the U.S.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Irene Vaisman

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . yes

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. Michael Hugh Carlin

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleague. As long as you are in current lawful status, traveling WITHIN the United States should not cause a problem.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,779 answers this week

2,813 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,779 answers this week

2,813 attorneys answering