Traveling within the USA

New York, NY |
Filed under: B-2 tourist visa

I have a second question, while pending for my change of status from G3 to B2 can I travel within the USA without any problem , my passport is valid and I have the reciept of my request of change of status. Should it be enough to prove at the airport I m legal here while waiting for my B2? I have never traveled interstate before.

Yes, you can travel throughout the U.S.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I agree with my colleague. As long as you are in current lawful status, traveling WITHIN the United States should not cause a problem.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

Recommended articles about Immigration