Traveling on advance parole child deferred action triggering 3-10 years bar

Asked over 1 year ago - Cherry Hill, NJ

My deferred action case is now approved, got my work permit and ssn, and now applying for advance parole, however considering that I stayed illegaly in the U.S before will that be a problem? What is the chance of me being not be able to come back to the states? Thank you

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Eric M. Mark


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Advanced parole for deferred action is not easily granted. You will trigger the 10 year bar if you depart, and should only do so in an absolute emergency. You are definitely taking a big chance if you leave.

  2. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I strongly advice against travel for successful DACA applicants unless it is for humanitarian/emergency reasons.

    Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street,... more
  3. Kristina A. Gasson

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You must make sure you have a really good reason to leave the US or you could be denied entry when you return. DACA is just a temporary protection! - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,330 answers this week

3,134 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,330 answers this week

3,134 attorneys answering