Traveling on advance parole child deferred action triggering 3-10 years bar

Cherry Hill, NJ |
Filed under: Immigration

My deferred action case is now approved, got my work permit and ssn, and now applying for advance parole, however considering that I stayed illegaly in the U.S before will that be a problem? What is the chance of me being not be able to come back to the states? Thank you

1. Advanced parole for deferred action is not easily granted. You will trigger the 10 year bar if you depart, and should only do so in an absolute emergency. You are definitely taking a big chance if you leave.

2. I strongly advice against travel for successful DACA applicants unless it is for humanitarian/emergency reasons.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site: www.stopnotariofraud.org.

3. I agree with my colleagues. You must make sure you have a really good reason to leave the US or you could be denied entry when you return. DACA is just a temporary protection!

www.gassonlaw.com - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.