Traveling on advance parole child deferred action triggering 3-10 years bar

Asked over 1 year ago - Cherry Hill, NJ

My deferred action case is now approved, got my work permit and ssn, and now applying for advance parole, however considering that I stayed illegaly in the U.S before will that be a problem? What is the chance of me being not be able to come back to the states? Thank you

1. Eric M. Mark

Pro

4

Answered . Advanced parole for deferred action is not easily granted. You will trigger the 10 year bar if you depart, and should only do so in an absolute emergency. You are definitely taking a big chance if you leave.

2. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

3

Answered . I strongly advice against travel for successful DACA applicants unless it is for humanitarian/emergency reasons.

3. Kristina A. Gasson

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You must make sure you have a really good reason to leave the US or you could be denied entry when you return. DACA is just a temporary protection!