Skip to main content

Travel without visa

Miami, FL |

I am an overstay with an expired visa. Can I travel by plane to another state?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. That is up to the ailine. I do not see why not. Can you be detained? yes.. if CBP or other immigration official checks your status

    Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at

  2. This may be an issue for you if you do not have any valid ID.

  3. This may not be possible for you.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  4. Without a valid ID you may not be permitted by the airline or TSA to check-in and/or board the plane. Also since you are in the airport you may be subject to suspicionless search and could possibly be detained if the authorities find out you have no valid status.

    Morales Law Firm P.A. 2100 Coral Way Ste 703 Miami, FL 33145 (305) 851-7856 This response is not offered as legal advice, but is only a general informational response for public interest. No one reading this is authorized to claim that an attorney client relationship exists with this writer or the writer's law firm.