HI, My OPT STEM Extension expires on June 15th. I applied for H1B this year in premium processing. Assuming it will be approved by May 1st, I am planning to leave USA on May 1st and return back on June 2nd on F-1 visa.
1. Given my situation is it safe to travel outside USA if H1B is already applied.
2. WIll have any problems at port of entry.
3 .what documents do i need to carry with me.
1. Yes, but you will not know if your petition has made it through the lottery yet until June. Having nap plied for H-1B does not preclude one from traveling, as long as you can return on a still valid F-1 and I-20.
2. See my answer to 1. Above. Traveling while on OPT status is always risky and I will advise against it if you can avoid it.
3. Valid I-20, letter from school's DSO, valid EAD, and perhaps a letter from yourH-1V employer that it is interested in offering you a permanent position?
Get free answers from experienced attorneys.
28,329 answers this week
2,924 attorneys answering
Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.Browse our legal dictionary