Skip to main content

Travel during Labor Certification (PERM) processing ?

Austin, TX |

My employer will be filing the Labor Certification (PERM) as soon as I approved the ETA 9089 form which they have filled out and sent to me. But I'm planning to travel back to my country in next month. I saw that we have to fill out the I-94 information also in the form. But once I traveled back and returned , my I-94 information will be changed. So is it possible to submit the 9089 form with my old I-94 information now ? Can we even travel during PERM filing process ? Currently I've H1B visa (no stamp needed) which is valid till 2014. Please provide me some suggestions.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Yes you can travel. Details should be asked about from your employer's attorney

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  2. So is it possible to submit the 9089 form with my old I-94 information now?
    Yes. It is current information while you stay in the U.S.

    Can we even travel during PERM filing process ?

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

  3. Yes.

    Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics