Hi, I am a H1B visa holder in the second year of my H1. i am switching companies from A to B.
1. I am working for A and have not resigned.
2. Company B is preparing the I-129 Petition and is planning on filing this week with Premium Processing.
3. My H1B visa stamp is valid until Dec 2014.
4. I have a family medical emergency in my home country (India)
5. When I return , I will still be employed with company A and give resignation notice afterwards.
1. Can I travel on approved Paid Time Off from Company A for 3 weeks to take care of family emergency in home country while my petition is pending with USCIS ?
2. Any suggestions/Advice?
Get free answers from experienced attorneys.
21,324 answers this week
2,421 attorneys answering
Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.Browse our legal dictionary