Transportation letter

Asked about 1 year ago - 08857

HI, I got employment authorization with advance parole on marriage based. its been around 9 months i am out side of USA and as per USCIS my green card was already delivered to my USA address but i didn't receive. my EAD is expired and i have applied for transportation letter. my questions are:
1) what is transportation letter and Can i safely travel to USA on transportation letter?
2) What is next process once reach in USA on transportation letter?
3) What is form i-90? can i apply my duplicate green card living outside of USA?
4) is there any condition, if green card issued then back to USA within one year otherwise problem in loosing status?

Thanks

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

Answered . You can travel to the US using a transportation letter. A form I-90 is an application for a replacement green card.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . These are all excellent questions that should be addressed to the immigration attorney who prepared and filed your employment-based AOS. He or she has been paid for that.

3. Stephen D. Berman

2

Answered . It's a letter from the consulate/embassy to the airline to let you travel to the U.S. They often refuse to give it. They will not let you to the I-90 if you are out of the U.S. Basically you abandoned your adjustment application when you left the U.S. for 9 months and past the date allowed for you to return and in my experience, you will need a new visa to immigrate, or can try to file an I-824 [which may take much longer than a new I-130].