Transition from an Injunction to a Limited Contact Order

Tallahassee, FL |

THe court has ordered a Injunction indefinitely on my behalf against my son's father. Our son is 2 and as he gets older he will become involved in sports and school activities, which I believe should be attended by both parents. I do not want our Injunction to negitively effect my son's view of either parent. I have heard about a limited contact order as opposed to a full no-contact order. His father was very abusive in the privacy of our home, before we separated (its been a year and a half), but was civil in public. Would the limited contact order be feasible in a situation like this; by only allowing us to be near each other in public, with electronic communication and him not being allowed near my home?

1. You could file a motion to amend or modify the injunction. The modification could allow for the type of contact you're suggesting. The link below is a a form for a Motion for Modification of Injunction, which should work for your situation.
    Good luck!
    http://www.flcourts.org/gen_public/family/forms_rules/980j.pdf

Legal disclaimer: The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without seeing actual written documentation or having a conference to more fully explore the issues, this short answer has only limited application. Make sure to seek legal counsel and provide all documentation to get assistance in making informed legal choices.

Child custody topics