Transition from an Injunction to a Limited Contact Order

Asked over 1 year ago - Tallahassee, FL

THe court has ordered a Injunction indefinitely on my behalf against my son's father. Our son is 2 and as he gets older he will become involved in sports and school activities, which I believe should be attended by both parents. I do not want our Injunction to negitively effect my son's view of either parent. I have heard about a limited contact order as opposed to a full no-contact order. His father was very abusive in the privacy of our home, before we separated (its been a year and a half), but was civil in public. Would the limited contact order be feasible in a situation like this; by only allowing us to be near each other in public, with electronic communication and him not being allowed near my home?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Summer Rae Goldman


    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . You could file a motion to amend or modify the injunction. The modification could allow for the type of contact you're suggesting. The link below is a a form for a Motion for Modification of Injunction, which should work for your situation.
    Good luck!

    Legal disclaimer: The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,897 answers this week

2,820 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,897 answers this week

2,820 attorneys answering