Skip to main content

Transfer probation to a different county they transfered my probation to a different county than what i live in can they do that

Johnson City, TN |

got a letter saying it went to a different county than what i live in

Attorney Answers 1


The probation department can pretty much do what they want to. It makes no sense to transfer your probation to a county where you dont live unless the services they think you need are not offered in your home county. I would contact the attorney that represented you to look into this and possibly file a motion with the court requesting your probation stay as is due to the hardship on you to travel to another county. Good luck!

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics