Transfer ownership for impounded car?

Youngstown, OH |

My car was impounded because my boyfriend was driving it with a suspended license. I was unaware. I don't drive being my license is mandatory suspended til May 2010. I did have to appear, and my name was not on the ticket except for saying I'm the owner. in court but to release it i have to show registration, current issuance and a club will be placed on the car so it will not be driven until i get my privileges reinstated. Being that I make payments on the car and can not drive can i transfer ownership with getting into legal trouble in Ohio

1. Online we cannot know what the other details are going on in your case because online we cannot find out those details. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.