Transfer of case I-730

Boston, MA |

I filed a petition I 730 refugee asylee relative petition for my husband. He is in the US. It was received back in January 2012. He went for bio metrics and they received it. The status online changed to "the case has been transferred to a local office" few month ago. Then the status has changed again to " your case is currently has been transferred to a USCIS office and is currently being processed. They asked for biometrics again. The case was transferred the first time to a local office and the second time back to Texas service center. What does this mean? is it a good or bad sign? It has been over 15 months. Any advices?

It means you need to be patient and let the system work

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

The online system is not tea leaves to be read, nor does USCIS use secret codes on it.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Cases sometimes get delayed. First, check the processing times for this type of case on this USCIS website:

Also if your case has been pending more than one year definitely seek an attorney's help to determine if there is anything wrong with the case and he/she can do an inquiry and/or goto an Infopass appointment: goto:

Be sure you choose an attorney carefully, seek an immigration attorney with experience who understands I-730s

Good luck

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.

Recommended articles about Immigration