Skip to main content

Traffic Violation for running a red light in South Carolina.

Irmo, SC |
Filed under: Criminal defense

My daughter just got a ticket in South Carolina for running a red light. She was making a right turn on red but did not come to a complete stop. The incident occurred at 12:10am on Friday, December 19th. On the traffic ticket, the officer circled Friday but put the date as 12/18/2008 instead of 12/19/2008. If going to court for the violation, what are our chances of getting the ticket dismissed or at minimum reduced and no points on her license? She is 17 and has been driving since she was 15 and this was the first time she was pulled over for anything. Is the fact that the officer put the wrong date going to increase her chances of having the ticket reduced?

Attorney Answers 1


Having the date off (actually by about ten minutes time) will not invalidate the citation.

You should have your daughter represented by an attorney.

You'll need to have her provide the attorney a lot more details, though, so check with a local lawyer. You should be coordinating with one right away.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics