Traffic Violation - 1110A - Plead Guilty/Not Guilty?

New York, NY |

I recently got a summons for making a left turn at a "No Left Turn" crossing in Brooklyn. Should I plead guilty or not guilty? Do I mail it in, go in person, or do it online? I tried to do it online but the ticket number was not in the system yet. Is that ok since it says I have to reply within 15 days? It's been 8 days and the ticket is still not in the system.
I don't mind paying the fine but I don't want to get the points on my license. If I plead guilty and I have to pay the fine and get the points, can I take the points reduction course to reduce the points? What would be the fine I have to pay including additional fees? I don't have a previous record on my license.
Thank you.

1. You can plead not guilty in person or online. Do not send in by mail. If you wait a little longer, the ticket will likely be entered in the online system shortly. I takes 2 to 4 weeks. You actually have over 30 days to answer so don't worry about the 15-day "deadline". If you not guilty, then you'll get a hearing date where you will either win or lose (i.e., no deals).

If you plead guilty or are found guilty after a hearing, then you can take the driver safety class to remove up to 4 points from your license. The fine will be around $150 for a first offense.

Matthew Weiss, Esq. <p> Weiss & Associates, PC <p> 212-683-7373 <p> mweiss@888redlight.com <p> Since 1991, we have been making fighting all types of vehicle and traffic law matters as easy as possible.