Traffic ticket for using a cell phone

Asked over 2 years ago - Burlington, NJ

I was stopped for using a cell phone. I was not on the cell phone, it was sitting in my cup holder and I was singing to the radio. I also have the phone record. When I went to court, they postponed it so the police officer could attend. But the judge said the day that I appeared in court that it was dismissed, but then I received a letter that it was rescheduled for May 3, 2012 so the officer could attend.

1. Thomas Carroll Blauvelt

Pro

3

Answered . You can order a transcript of the rdcird for your last day in court to confirm the dismissal. You can attach such record to your motion to dismiss the matter.

2. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

2

Answered . I have seen instances where the court has mistakenly rescheduled a case that was already dismissed. I have also seen cases where an individual misunderstood what occurred at the hearing. Review the transcripts from the previous hearing and present it to the court.

Michael L. Doyle
    (215) 735-5900

3. Mark M Cheser

Pro

2

Answered . You can use a cell phone you can't use a hand held. Follow Mr. Blauvelt's advise.

4. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

2

Answered . If you retain a NJ attorney conversant in NJ traffic ticket law and you will likely not have to go back to court.